Given the latest announcement from the Premier of Victoria, Daniel Andrews and in the interest of maintaining the health and wellbeing of our DR. PROGRESS community, we will not be reopening the campus for normal operations after the Easter holidays.
Instead, we will continue with remote learning, from home. Our students have been doing a remarkable job during their scheduled school holidays, but from the 15th of April we want to see students making more of our services.
- What does this mean?
- Students will continue to do their individualised worksheets.
- The phone support service will continue.
- Our unique online platform will go live from the 15th of April.
- Students will be sent personal usernames and passwords.
- This will give them access to forums and chat rooms with teachers, along with individualised learning materials.
- Feedback and responses to student queries and online submissions will be promptly turned around (within 48 hours).
- All work will be assessed digitally via the online learning platform, providing the added benefit of a comprehensive record of all the progress being made.
- Relevant answer keys and solution manuals will be provided to students & parents.
- This platform has been carefully created with the aid of leading developers to boost student computer literacy.
- The platform mirrors that used by leading universities, including Monash University, so students are going to be well ahead in their preparation for higher education.
Despite the uncertainty that we find ourselves in, education remains a priority for us all. We are dedicated to ensuring the best possible learning systems and support services are in place to help our students not only get through these difficult times, but also excel.
On a personal note, I (Dr Olga) myself and my family are choosing to stay home, to stay safe and do our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
We will keep monitoring advice provided by the authorities and update you when we are able to reopen the campus.